|Tetsudō "Poppo" Hisakawa|
|Height:||183 cm (6' 0")|
|Weight:||74 kg (163 lb)|
|Affiliation:||Super Peace Busters|
|Anime:||Episode 1 - "Super Peace Busters"|
Tetsudo is a tall young man with a medium build, mid-length brown hair and brown eyes. He usually wears a lilac bandanna on his head, with a white shirt and a blue, buttoned down, collared shirt with light blue patterns on it, olive drab pants with pockets on the legs and a blue pearl necklace attached to the side of them, and sandals with grey straps and brown soles. He also has a pouch necklace around his neck.
As a kid, he has a smaller body build. His hair is completely shaved off, only leaving a grey fuzz on top of his head. He wears a blue, short-sleeved hoodie, blue-green track pants and yellow shoes.
During their childhood, Tetsudō had a great admiration for Jinta "Jintan" Yadomi and frequently called him 'amazing' or 'cool'. He admits that he was always grateful to the group for including him as he was an awkward child.
In the present, Tetsudō is worldly and mellow. He is eager to see the Super Peace Busters get back together, believing instantly that Jinta could see and talk to Meiko "Menma" Honma. He is the first to directly tell Meiko that he will fulfill her wish and help her spirit pass on. When the group fights, he is often the one that takes initiative to smooth things out. However, it is revealed later in the series that Tetsudō hides the deep guilt he feels over his role in Meiko's accident underneath his happy-go-lucky personality.
Although he has dropped out of school, he is a world traveler that earns money by taking various part-time jobs and lives in the old secret base when not abroad.
- "You know, I always keep flowers inside there. The flowers that bloomed near the place where you passed away.."
- "The image of her drifting further and further away... It never leaves me!"
- "Aren't bad intentions better than no intentions at all?"
- "I've given it a little more thought. I'm not too sure about this, but I think that Menma being here isn't really good. Perhaps she is here because she can't rest in peace!"
- The name Tetsudō means "iron" (鉄) (tetsu) and "way" (道) '(dō).
- Tetsudō's surname Hisakawa means "long time ago" (久) (hisa) and "river, stream" (川) (kawa).
- Inside the pouch, Tetsudō is always carrying around his neck are flowers, specifically the flowers that were blooming on the day Meiko "Menma" Honma died.
- That is where the name of the anime comes from.