|Jinta "Jintan" Yadomi|
|Kanji:||宿海 仁太 (仁太)|
|Rōmaji:||Jinta Yadomi (Jintan)|
|Affiliation:||Super Peace Busters|
Mutsumi Tamura (child)
Tara Sands (child)
|Anime:||Episode 1 - "Super Peace Busters"|
Jinta "Jintan" Yadomi (宿海 仁太 Yadomi Jinta), called "Jintan" (仁太), is the main male character of the series. In the past, Jinta was the leader of his group, the Super Peace Busters.
Jinta is a young man of average height and with a slim build. He has black, midlength hair with a bang across the middle of his face, and yellow eyes. He usually wears a red shirt with the Japanese characters "地底人" vertically written on it (translated, it means "underground people", which may be a reference to his hikikomori nature at the beginning of the anime), blue jeans and black & white running shoes. He also occasionally wears glasses with a black rim.
As a kid, his hair is way shorter and messier. He wore a watermelon-pink shirt with a circular, yellow emblem on it, dark blue, long shorts, and red slippers.
Jinta was energetic and outgoing during his childhood, being a natural leader, but has become withdrawn and isolated due to the deaths of Menma and his mother.
After Menma's death in an accident, the group of friends drifted apart, and Jinta eventually became a hikikomori, refusing to go to school and confining himself to his home.
Jinta sustains a close friendship with Naruko, although she shows more romantic feelings towards him. They encounter each other when Anaru comes over to give him the summer homework, but end up on bad terms. Afterward, as to grant Menma's first wish, he asks Anaru to help him which brings them closer. With the barbecue and him saving Anaru from falling, they keep hanging out to fulfill Menma's wish. Jintan even stands up for her when she's being targeted by her classmates for being spotted outside a love hotel.
Jinta, as shown throughout the anime, has romantic feelings for Menma, as he was deeply affected by her death. These feelings were present since childhood, but he never wanted to admit it until after Menma's death. When Menma appeared, he was determined to help with granting her wish even though she would disappear as a result. He is at times shown to lust after Menma hinted by the blushing or nosebleeds when they're in intimate positions. It is concluded in the end that Menma herself had feelings for Jintan as well.
As a child, he was seen by the group as the one who had the most potential. He was athletic and always able to catch the biggest stag beetle. Jinta was energetic and outgoing during his childhood, but has become withdrawn and isolated due to the death of Menma. As a child, he had a crush on Menma but refused to admit it when asked. This started the chain of events that led to her accidental death. He believes that the Menma that appears to him is not a ghost, but rather a manifestation of his stress, calling her "the beauty of summer". He eventually becomes hesitant to grant her wish out of fear that she will vanish again. Nonetheless, Menma's appearance encourages him to venture outside and reconnect with the members of the Super Peace Busters. He was in love with Menma and to this day still is.
- "I thought I could just apologize tomorrow. But that tomorrow... never came."
- "Everyone has changed. That's not it.. the one who's changed most, is me."
- "Nothing you or your friends say will affect my life in any way, shape, or form."
- "You always worry too much about other people! Think about yourself more!"
- "I love you too Menma.."
- "I thought that you changed. However, after actually talking with all of you, I was surprised to find out that no one had actually changed. Even though nobody has changed, there is no longer an "Everyone"...like there was long ago, because Menma isn't here. Therefore, since "everyone" is nowhere to be found, it's the same as if I did it alone. Even if it's just me, I'll grant it."
- "After losing Menma, her mother has held a grudge against us, and Anaru has continued to torment herself... Yukiatsu too.. I'm sure it's the same with Tsuruko.. as well as Poppo. Everyone is drowning in their own guilt. I can see Menma, I was the only one she saved. That can't be fair."