|Chiriko "Tsuruko" Tsurumi|
|Rōmaji:||Chiriko "Tsuruko" Tsurumi|
|Hair Color:||Dark Blue|
|Height:||170 cm (5'7")|
|Affiliation:||Super Peace Busters|
|Anime:||Episode 1 - "Super Peace Busters"|
Chiriko Tsurumi (鶴見 知利子 Tsurumi Chiriko), nicknamed Tsuruko (鶴子), is is the quiet observer of the Super Peace Busters.
Tsuruko is a young woman of average height and a slim build with straight mid-length dark blue hair that is usually down (but she sometimes ties it in a ponytail) with bangs swept to the right side and green eyes.
She usually wears a school outfit consisting of a short-sleeved, white, collared shirt and a red tie, with a dark blue, button up, V-neck tank top, ornamented with an insignia, on top. She also has a dark blue skirt, dark blue, mid-calf socks and brown shoes. She also wears red, rimless bottom glasses and a watch with a brown strap on her left wrist. Occasionally, she wears a pendant with a blue, oval gemstone.
As a kid, her hair is short with a small ahoge on the left side of her head. She wore a red, sleeveless, collared top with a yellow bow, a white skirt and brown sandals. She did not wear glasses.
Tsuruko has an extremely serious and logical personality who can be critical of others, and in particular scolds Naruko "Anaru" Anjou for her habit of following others. Chiriko still feels indifferent over Meiko "Menma" Honma's return, doubting what her intentions are or if she has truly forgiven everyone. She admits to Naruko that she is in love with Atsumu, but she believes that he will never love her back because she cannot win against Meiko and feels that Naruko will be her 'replacement.' Chiriko feels that he is irreplaceable to her, thus she aids the effort to have Meiko achieve nirvana. She knew of his guilt over Meiko's death and suspected that he was crossdressing as a means of coping. She often sketches while idle, even doodling Atsumu "Yukiatsu" Matsuyuki wearing Meiko's sundress.
She is considered the second smartest person in the group as she attends the same elite high school as Atsumu but she is inferior to him academically. This is shown when they are on the phone and he states that she is "truly the fourth in her class" when she refuses to meet with him due to having to study. Once off the phone Chiriko says that Atsumu has "no idea how hard it is to keep up with him," implying that she has to work especially hard just to keep her ranking while Atsumu excels easily. In the credits of the last episode, Chiriko and Atsumu are seen together opening up to each other, it is also seen that Atsumu gave his extra hairpin that he kept (the one like Meiko's) to Chiriko.
Atsumu and her are seen together so often that they are mistaken for lovers by their classmates and a shopkeeper. She has feelings for Atsumu as she shows contempt whenever she sees that he has not gotten over Meiko's death. She keeps the hairpin Atsumu threw away after being rejected by Meiko, even wearing it when alone. At times, she plays the voice of reason for Atsumu as well as the role of a guardian. She knew of his guilt over Meiko's death. Eventually she gets her hair cut to cherish her childhood.
- "There are certain things one can't bear without changing one's clothes."
- "I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to use me to restore balance to your self-esteem."
- "I'll never dream about things that I know won't come true."
- "Yes. It's preferable if you drain all the pus in one go. However, he's rotten to the core, so there might not be anything left after you clean out all the pus. Thank you."
- "Yukiatsu's talk about hurting people was definitely directed at himself."
- The name Chiriko means "wisdom, knowledge" (知) (chi), "benefit, advantage" (利) (ri) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Her nickname Tsuruko means "crane, stork" (鶴) (tsuru) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Tsuruko's surname Tsurumi means "crane, stork" (鶴) (tsuru) and "to see" (見) (mi).
- Tsuruko and Atsumu "Yukiatsu" Matsuyuki are the only two members that remain close friends as the years pass and they attend the same elite high school.